Happy Christmas and New YearI share with you a blinking Excel Christmas Tree (made using the iterative calculation) to celebrate the upcoming New Year holiday.
To see the Christmas Tree, change the AZ1 cell value.
Christmas trees without the use of iterative calculationSome Excel guys have done Christmas Trees with VBA macros or with formulas, for which users need to press repetitively the F9 key to recalculate the worksheet or users could slide a scroll bar to have a lively tree.
The Excellent blogger Debra Dalgleish shared in her forum site (Contextures Excel Blog) a blinking Christmas tree that uses VBA code to run, so you will need to enable macros for the workbook. To start or stop the tree blinking, right click anywhere on the worksheet. Here are some examples:
A Blinking Christmas Tree
Excel Scroll Bar Christmas Tree Example
Excellent Christmas 2009
Iterative Christmas TreeMy challenge is: How to do this without VBA/macros, scroll bar or F9 key?
I solved this challenge using the iterative calculation.
How to use Excel iterative calculation?
- Click the File tab, click Options, and then click the Formulas category.
- In the Calculation options section, select the Enable iterative calculation check box.
- Set the maximum number of times Excel will recalculate, type the number of iterations in the Maximum Iterations box to 1,199.
- To set the maximum amount of change you will accept between recalculation results, type the amount in the Maximum Change box to 1.
To see all sheets, press these two keys together: Alt - F11 to see the VBA Editor, see the sheet properties and change each Visible propertie from xlSheetVeryHidden to xlSheetVisible.
- Sheet "LaVi": Text in Spanish ("FELIZ FORO") and text in English ("HAPPY GUYS")
- Sheet "Vi": Christmas tree.
- Sheet "NoVi": Blinking iterative formulas.
- Sheet "SiViDad": Blinking Christmas Tree.
Christmas Tree DownloadOn the cloud is not possible to see the tree blinking. You need to download from here.
(Prueba la descarga desde estos dos enlaces: Google Excel Download - Microsoft OneDrive)
Enjoy and happy holidays!